Supporting the 2012 Toy Run


The Toy Run is a non-profit organisation that collects toys through a bike run held annually right across South Africa.

My sister and her husband's family (my extended family!) have supported the Toy Run for a number of years and in 2011 alone, with massive support from friends, family, co-workers and other businesses collected over 3,000 toys.  These were given to orphans, abused children, shelters and needy families throughout South Africa.  Have a look at their Facebook Group and see a few photos of what they collected for the children.

The Toy Run supports charities who care for children up to the age of 18 years old and strive to get as many toys for them as possible each year.  All toys in good condition are accepted with open arms and new toys are definitely greeted with a very warn welcome.  Donations of money can also be made to buy gifts and toys that are so desperately needed.

This year my sister and her family have challenged me to make knitted toys.  I've found a few patterns that I love at Twins' Knitting Pattern MiniShop and lots of inspiration at Knitted Toys just to name two places.  I do feel a trip to Hobby Craft coming along too!  Hopefully I can create at least 3 to 5 of these by early October which leaves me enough time to ship them to South Africa.

toys made by my sister and her family for the 2012 Toy Run
If you or your company would like to be a part of this fantastic cause, donating toys for boys and girls of varying ages, please get in touch.  Monetary donations can also be made.  

Now that I have a child of my own I can truly understand what a difference such a seemingly small gesture can make in the lives of these children that really don't have anything.


"All great things are only a number of small things that have carefully been collected together." - Anonymous

Ax

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents