I've been every so slightly useless and aloof in the past few days on my blog. It isn't due to lack of interest or anything like that. I don't have any excuses really, so, I am going to stop right there!
Kate's listography for this week is "Top 5 Things That Make Me Happy", so here goes!
1. My husband, my daughter, my parents, my sister. Basically, my family. Without my family I'd be lost. I am truly blessed to have these amazing, loving, beautiful and caring people in my life.
2. My close friends. Some I've known for nearly 20 years, some I've known for 2 years or less. Always there for a good laugh, to share a bit of gossip over a glass of vino or coffee and give a hand when I need it most. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to know these special (and some crazy!) people.
3. My blog. I love to write and although I know that I'm not due to win any literally awards anytime in the foreseeable future, I carry on with my silly little posts. They make me happy and potentially keep me sane at times that seem a little chaotic and upside down.
4. The sun!!!! Ahhhh! The sun! Today was the first hot day of the year, topping the scales in my area at 17.5 degrees celsius. My body and soul come alive and I feel like I can take on the world. I am counting the days to our holiday in South Africa later this year. There is nothing quite like the African sun.
5. My cat. Snickers tries to follow me to work and to the shops but never quite makes it past the library, so when I make the return trip she usually pops out from under a car or from behind a bush where I last saw her and walks back with me. Not only does she play 'fetch' with soft foam balls but she loves water too. Possibly a dog in her past life?!
Until next week!