On Sunday 30th June 2013, Don’t just Talk the Talk…Walk the SunWalk!
We all know someone that has fallen victim to breast cancer, some conquering it and coming out stronger than before and others unfortunately not being so fortunate, losing their battle.
Walk the Walk, a grant-making breast cancer charity that was started 17 years ago, has raised over £86 million for vital breast cancer causes, with money granted for research into breast cancer and to help improve the lives of those with cancer now. They are passionate about encouraging women and men to become fitter and healthier, taking full control of their personal well being.
This Sunday, 30th June 2013, three fabulous Walk the Walk SunWalk London walking challenges will take place in Battersea Park. Also on offer is live stage music, circus sideshows, stalls, dancing, delicious food, stilt walkers, clowns; basically something for everyone in the family. There is free entry into SunWalk City all day. In 2012, SunWalk London raised more than £250,000, which is no mean feat!
Get involved and sign up now for either a 5K, 10K, or Half Marathon. It promises to be a fun day out full of entertainment, fabulous outfits, courageous survivors and supporters, topped with the added bonus of getting fitter, reaching your own goal, and raising money and awareness for breast cancer.
The whole family can take part, with a Power Walking challenge for each fitness level. Walkers over the age of 13 will wear the Walk the Walk trademark of brightly decorated bras with this year being a circus theme. And yes, that applies to men too!
Entertainment for the whole family
- Children’s TV Stars Andy and Sid, who will be holding their own unique show!
- Strictly Come Dancing will also be hosting three exclusive “Dance the Dance” workshops, with the chance to get up close and personal and meet the dancers afterwards. Join Anton and Erin, Darren and Lillia, and Matt and Nicole for an unforgettable experience!
- Tickets for Andy and Sid’s shows, and for Dance the Dance are available at www.walkthewalk.org or on 01483 741430.
- Free live music in the park from X-factor star Misha B, chart-topping band Sam and the Womp, singer/songwriter Sam Gray and the Urban Voices Collective, the singing group famous for performing at the Closing Ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games.
- Sunday 30th June 2013, Battersea Park.
- Half marathon: minimum age on the day of the challenge is 13.
- 10k: minimum age on the day of the challenge is 6.
- 5K: no age restriction!
- Walkers are asked to raise a minimum of £100 in sponsorship, with those aged under 13 raising what they can.
- The entry fee for each distance is £27 (this includes one free place for a child under 13).
- The entry fee for additional children under 13 is £15.
- Enter at www.walkthewalk.org
- All participants aged 13 and over will receive a bra to decorate