Listography - My Top 5 Mugs!

Oh my word!  How did I miss Kate's Listography this week??!  Loving the weirdness of it all.  It appeals to me as I often say and do completely random things.  Great idea Kate!


1.  My 'Alison' Mug
My mom bought this for me roughly 16 years ago when I still lived in South Africa.  I remember seeing them at the Pick 'n Pay in Constantia Village shopping centre and just had to have it for some reason.  This is by far my favourite mug.  I usually have a nice cup of Rooibos tea with a dash of honey in this.
2. Her Ladyship Mug
Another mug from my mom.  I think it came from Past Times?  My hubby has the His Lordship mug.  It holds less water than most so it's perfect for a small cup of tea before bed.  Don't think I drink coffee in this one?


3.  Gorgeous Petunia Mug
This is one of a set of 6 beautiful floral mugs which funny enough, also came from my mom!  These were bought as either an engagement or wedding present and I use them when I have guests around.  I tend to use them more in summer for some bizarre reason?  


This is definitely a tea mug for me but if you want coffee in this, I'll happily make it of course!


4.  Super Mum Mug
This was bought for me by friends for my 28th birthday when I was 6 months pregnant with Isabella.  We had a delicious lunch at the Fighting Cocks which is said to be one of the oldest pubs in England.  It's one of my favourite places to go for summer drinks as it's so close to the park.  


I would like to think that Isabella thinks I'm a Super Mum?  This is definitely a coffee mug!
5.  Party Animal Mug
This is a Secret Santa gift from my previous job in London before I went on maternity leave.  I think it was Christmas 2007 or 2008? I'm not quite sure.  It had a sleep over party at Strawberry Moons.  Another definite coffee mug.  Love it!


Ax




Comments

  1. Lovely list im amazed you have a mug that has survived 16 years, i have one like that i have to keep in the loft though i have a very clumsy hubby !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a hoarder! I am slowly getting rid of things but I have all sorts of bits and bobs from over the years, all in one piece too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over the fact you have a mug that has lasted so well...Thats Great! I Love the Lady & Lordship ones, they are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your first mug and amazed that it has survived so long and the trip form SA too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents bought it across with all their things when they moved here for 18 months in 2007. I hope I don't drop it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have a champagne flute from my Matric dance and that is 13 years old :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that 'Her Ladyship' one. Very dainty! I hope that top one never gets dropped from little hands...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella doesn't touch my mugs! She has a fabulous selection of plastic bowls and cups to use!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Win a fabulous photo book with 23snaps!