Nominated for a Liebster Award? Little ol' me?!


As I was looking through my mentions on Twitter I came across a Tweet from the fabulous Life and Bows.  I clicked on the link and was taken to her blog post showing the Liebster Award that she had been nominated for.

The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

What is a Liebster Award and what does the word mean?
  
Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.  All the things that you look for in a blog I guess?  Well, things that I look for anyway!

I have only been blogging in earnest since January 2012.  I never quite realised how many talented individuals there are in the world, all bringing their unique styles, personal touches and creative flair to this every expanding blogosphere.  It has opened my eyes to so many different things as well as changed my ill-informed options on certain topics.  So, thank you fellow bloggers for letting me share your lives with you, educating me and helping me fined a rewarding creative release.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer. 
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Go to their pages and tell them.
  5. No tag backs!

Well, so, what do you want to know about me?
  1. I am originally from South Africa.
  2. I've lived in the UK for nearly 8 years (15 October will be the precise date).
  3. I have dual citizenship and am both Proudly South African and Proudly British.
  4. I came all the way from South Africa only to meet and marry another South African!
  5. I adore dark chocolate, love white chocolate and have a soft spot for Cadbury's Crunchies.
  6. I prefer to go out for a delicious meal with friends and enjoy a fabulous bottle of white than going out on the lash (sign of my age?!).  Red wine is not just for winter...
  7. I am double jointed in both of my thumbs and can bend the top digit backwards at a 90 degree angle.
  8. I can count on both hands the number of clothes I have bought for myself since having my daughter.
  9. I could happily sit on the couch all day watching a Twilight movie marathon.
  10. I know the words to most of the theme tunes of the kids programmes.
  11. I know the names of most of the ridiculous characters on some of the more bizarre kids programmes.
My answers to the questions I was given

1. What inspires you to write your blog?
My daughter, mostly.  Being a parent has brought so much more meaning to our lives and shown me just how wonderful this world can be.

2. Where is your dream place to live?
I would love to return to my home country of South Africa, to live happily (and safely) ever after with my family and friends in my beautiful hot country.  If that doesn't ever transpire, anywhere with a beach and 6/7 months of hot weather per year would do.

3. What is your hidden talent?
Do I have one?  I can play the piano, am good at needlework.  I don't know.  I just do things and don't really think about whether it's different or if I'm talented at it?

4. If you could be a superhero, who would you be?
The invisible (wo)man!  Does that count as a superhero??!

5. What is your favourite thing that you own?
My Kindle.  It can take me to far away places and I can get lost in it for hours, all for the price of roughly £5 per eBook.  Fab!  

6. If you could be doing anything right now what would it be?
I would love to be sitting down and relaxing not only with my husband, but with my sister, nephew and my parents in Cape Town, having an ice cold glass of vino. 

7. What is your ultimate favourite book and why?
Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coehlo.  

8. Do you have a great morning routine, and what is it?
Waking up and getting out of the door on time is great enough for me!

9. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?
Nothing.  I'm by no means perfect, but I'm happy the way I am.

10. What is your favourite childhood memory?
Shared birthday parties with my sister.  We are 2 years apart and 6 days apart in the month.

11. Name something that you have done that improved your health.
I gave up smoking about 5 or 6 years ago.
Now onto the last part. Here are the wonderful people that I am tagging for this wonderful award and the 11 questions that I chose to ask. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have to say.  Tweet me once you have finished!
Here are your questions that I've created for you!  They are all based around my own personal interests.

  1. What is your favourite blog post that you have composed?
  2. Once you have your blog post topic, how long does it take you to create and finish it?
  3. What is your biggest achievement/proudest moment?
  4. What is your favourite food?
  5. When you travel, do you stay away from the local food or try experience everything you can?
  6. Mac or PC?!
  7. Kindle or real, paper books?
  8. Do you have a favourite quote or personal mantra?
  9. If you were an animal, what would you be?
  10. What is your favourite room in your home?
  11. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing that you did?


A xx

Comments

  1. Thanks for the tag! I can bend my thumbs back too, means I can't do a proper thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure! Lol, you just made me realise that neither can I! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for tagging me. Hmmm I have the thumb thing too.....are all bloggers double jointed..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww brilliant thank you!! feel left out though as i dont have the thumb thing mine doesnt bend at all hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://leopardprintmommy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-award-thank-you.html all done :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tag!! Im also your newest follower :) Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Win a fabulous photo book with 23snaps!