Mystery baskets...come to me!

I've been quite lucky lately with my blog, receiving foodie things to sample and review.  Yes, getting free things is nice and I do love doing reviews.  I'm a bit strange in that sometimes, even though I know it's a bit of exploitation of blogger's (although we agree to it) as journo's could be paid big bucks for doing things like this in the past, I'm happy to do it.

I like promoting brands and products that I love or feel strongly about.  For those of you who knew me before my blogging days, I'd regularly endorse products purely because I felt people should know about them and use them too.  Yes, I am strange.

Anyway, getting back to the foodie bit.  I'm a trained chef.  Worked as a chef for about five years in various places but then decided that the hours and pay were crap.  That's the only way I can put it.   Unless you have our own business or are a celebrity chef, it's crazy.  I still work long hours because that's all I know.  I love the hospitality industry, don't get me wrong, but honestly, these people are paid peanuts for the long hours worked and ridiculous abuse from patrons.

Still, I'm digressing.  The point of all of this is that I still get cold shivers down my spine at the thought of a mystery basket. What is a mystery basket, you ask?  Well, it's a magical basket of ingredients; a combination of ingredients that you have never seen before that day that you suddenly have 10 to 15 minutes (longer, if you are lucky) to conjure up a meal in your head and just go for it.   I love pressure.  I thrive on it.    It drives me, and as my mind digs deep into the vast selection of recipes and food combinations that are stored in my mind, I can almost smell and taste my creation before I've started, seeing it laid out on the plate.  You see, I told you I was strange.  Well, some people call it passion I guess?

So, watch this space.  I've recently been sent a few herbs, spices and flavour mixes to create a few tasty dishes.  I'm back in my element now and feel a bit unstoppable!  I never realised just how much I miss being a chef...

Alison x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Win a fabulous photo book with 23snaps!