Life is too short to sweat the small stuff...

It has taken me many years to realise that life really is too short to worry about the small things.  Things that are out of your control or something that won't happen for a while, that really isn't even worth thinking about, is pointless worrying about.  That said, when other people are petty about things that directly relate to me, it makes me just slightly irritated.

We currently have a communal garden area and with that living arrangement comes a Residents Committee.  When I think of Residents Committee's, visions of pensioners or people who have nothing better to do with their time other than restrict others by enforcing ridiculous and antiquated rules or simply being petty, come to mind.   That is more or less the case here.  You can clearly see I have a bit of a rebellious side here that just wants to shout "No, damn the man! We will not stand for this!".

So, after receiving a letter from the company that 'manages' the maisonettes asking for all toys (there are probably about 3 or 4 paddling pools/blow up toys) to be packed away each and every night and on days when the gardener was around, it made me giggle.

I can understand moving things out of the way for the gardener to mow the lawn, but honestly, packing things away on the other nights, that are hardly an eye sore, is a bit petty.  We have summer for what, a whole month or month and half??  In a day and age where people should encourage children to be active and play outdoors, do these people honestly have sleepless nights worrying about the few scatterings of toys left out over night?

If I packed my one toy away (the other is a swing) then the kids that are home in the afternoon would never be able to use it because I leave at about 8.30 a.m. and only get home at about 7 p.m.  It's the kids that suffer really.  It reminds me of the quote by Queen Victoria that "little children should be seen and not heard".  Get with the times people.

Anyway, that all aside, what does worry me the most out of all of this is the hours that people have spent fretting about this and watching the children play.  Makes me feel a bit creepy to be honest.  Maybe they should be locked away during the daytime!  Wonder how the 'Committee' would react to me suggesting that to them?

A x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Win a fabulous photo book with 23snaps!