Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Songs to sing to a 19 week old baby

Okay, so now that I can sing The Grand Old Duke of York and Old MacDonald upside, backwards, in my sleep, etc. what songs do you sing to your babies? I have also started to sing the colours of the rainbow and the abc song. Never to young to learn!

I've got a book of nursery rhymes and have gone through all of those but these two seem to be her favourite. I do have the ELC Old MacDonald hand puppet which probably adds to the appeal of that song and I clap for the Grand Old Duke and do marching actions. I must look a bit odd...well, more odd than usual. I do enjoy every minute though!!

3 comments:

  1. When Joshua was little he loved "If you're happy and you know it" and he still does today. Other good ones, the wheels on the bus, Miss Polly had a dolly and twinkle twinkle! Awww I love singing with my babies, not sure everyone else likes my singing though :) I am sure Bella loves your hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about the Miss Polly song!!! Now I have a song to sing with her Lamaze dolly :) I think she is too young to know the difference but soon enough I'll know if she objects! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiden now hums to himself when he is tiered, its the sweetest thing. I have sung I think every little song but his absolute best and only song he will fall a sleep to is ABC of all the songs thats the one he chooses. Incy Wincy Spider he loves when he is eating or a little irratable. Old MacDonald when he is playing but other than those three, he doesnt seem to be bothered about any other.
    He is such a sweet, strange child... had such a strong personality right from birth. Must admit I love every moment I sing to him... probably drive the neighbores mad!! :) xx :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...