root veg pasta with cheese

One of my daughter's favourite meals!

Peel 1 carrot, 1 parsnip and 1 sweet potato. Put into a pot of water, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and pour into a sieve to allow veg to cool down.

Boil a small portion of baby pasta. I like the Boots baby pasta. These usually cook for about 6 minutes. Take off the heat and drain through a fine sieve or strainer, otherwise they will fall right through an adult size one!

I just judge the portion size according to hunger, and age of Bella. If I have extra veg, I mash it slightly and freeze it for another day.

Combine the veg and pasta, grate a small amount of cheddar cheese over the top. I sometimes serve it with 1 or 2 florets of broccoli which I cook in the last few minutes with the other veg.

Serve and let baby enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents