Blissful Pregnancy Massage with Helen Brown

After I had my daughter in 2010 I swore blind that if I had any aches or pains, SPD or sciatica in my next pregnancy that I would get them seen to instead of suffering in relative silence.

In this pregnancy I'd put on quite a bit of weight in a short space of time and I was still running a few times a week up until about four and a half months.  The combination of these two had sent my lower back into mini spasms which desperately needed to be seen to by someone who knew exactly how pregnant women should be massaged during their pregnancy.

I had my first treatment session with Helen Brown of Helen Brown Pregnancy Massage Therapy when I was five months pregnant and believe you me, it couldn't have been at a better time.  Helen, an ITEC Holistic Massage Therapist who works from the comfort of her home in St Albans, Hertfordshire, is specially trained and qualified in Pregnancy Massage Therapy and a member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT). 

Helen's treatment room is was blissful.   It was warm and comforting with calming music in the background which made me feel completely at ease.  After an initial consultation and brief medical history I was given time to set myself up on the massage table, propping myself up with the necessary pillows under head and between knees, covering up with soft, fluffy towels.  The bed was warm from a heated blanket (it was cold and wintery then) and if I had closed my eyes for too long I could very well have had a long nap!

The treatment focused not only on the problem areas around my lower back but on my back as a whole as well as arms, legs, feet and face giving me the relief that I so desperately needed as well as some longed for relaxation and pampering time.

My subsequent sessions take place at four week intervals and focus on maintenance of the problem areas but also giving me an hour to myself where I was able to stop and take a break from my normal routine; a must for all mums to be I feel.  I may even increase this in the final month or so as I have an incredibly active baby who tends to

Treatments last for either a half hour or hour, dependant on personal needs.

Contact Helen for further information on prices and availability.

Ally x

Further details on Helen Brown ITEC, MFHT

web: http://www.helenbrownmt.com
e-mail: helenbrownmt@gmail.com
tel: 07908 517 522


Note: My first session was complementary but all subsequent sessions have been fully paid for, and very happily at that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents