Lockdown v3: 2021 Winter Showdown

As I sit in my freshly decorated bedroom which is rather more Zen than the previous shade of blue.  I can happily report that all living creatures (5 x dwarf hamsters and plants included) have managed to survive the first day of pre-lockdown lockdown. 

School timetables have been sent out, the kids know what they are doing and I can crack on with work as usual.  Childcare and support bubbles are still in place with my food order all ready and set for Monday.  I think that it's actually going to be alright.  I even have pasta, hand soap and loo roll!  Absolutely winning!

A completely "Dry January" may not be wholly on the cards as I will have to toast to my Mom on her birthday, although I guess this could be of the non-boozy variety.  With new coping mechanisms and a better structure in play than when the Government first attempted to keep people indoors, I'm filled with a bit of hope that we might come through this sooner rather than later.  Hardly about to start placing bets on anything but I'm definitely feeling more positive whilst staying home and avoiding all forms of life that are not in the shape of my children or ex husband or childcare bubble.

I am very sure that I will generate some more rather random musings, with the likelihood that absolutely no one will read any of my drivel.  I find it rather therapeutic, putting words out in the open and getting them out of my rather cluttered mind.  It helps me make sense of it all.  What "it" is, I am still working on but at least I feel like I have greater direction.

With a Client meeting scheduled for early this evening, I must now drag my still sleeping gear clad body to the Room of Refinement to start the process of making myself "fit for human viewing" on Zoom.  It's a rare honour bestowed on only the rare and important few.

END.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beanies Christmas Coffees and Fab #Giveaway

Competition and Review: Zappie - bringing walls and clothes to life!

Review and competition: Nonabox - the UK's first subscription gift box for pregnancy and new parents