In August last year I did a review on23snaps; the fabulous new free photo sharing App available for Android, iPhone, iPad and the web. If you have an Instragram account, as most of us do, you can get your photos automatically added to your 23snaps account by using #23snaps in the description of the photo, killing two birds with one stone.
Like most of us who lead busy lives, we love taking photos of our kiddies but that is where it usually stops. We fail to create physical albums using these beautiful pictures of precious family moments like our parents did in days gone by.
Well, fear not! 23snaps has recently launched personalised photo albums and photo prints. Now parents can create beautiful physical mementos out of precious digital memories ALL at the tap of a button.
I've created an album of my own as you can see from the collage above, and it is honestly very easy to do. I used a mixture of the existing pictures within my 23snaps account and uploaded extra pictures to the App, too. I love how the photos are automatically stored to the digital photo book timeline, plus the ability to group them into special collections, by themes or favourites appeals to my "inner control freak".
How do I order prints and photo books?
In the iPhone App, go to the button (looks like 3 stripes on top of each other) and press the option to Order books and prints and then pick which one you would like to do. Apply the same principle to the web app where but select Prints & Books from the to navigation bar.
For arguments sake, let's pretend to order a photo book on the iPhone. So easy, you can do this on the move...
- Click on Add Photos and then pick from either or own photo stream or those of a friend, press the photos you want (green tick means it has been selected) and then press done when you are, um, done.
- Next, press Preview and then swipe across beautiful virtual photo book. You have the option on this screen to change what the cover photo looks like if you so wish. I started with a 4D ultrasound scan of my daughter. See how all the photos are in chronological order? Nice, hey?!
- As you love it so much, press on Proceed. You know what it is going to cost because it shows it to you very clearly.
- Decide on the number of copies you want and amend as necessary. The next few steps are stock standard info takers of address and card details which means you are two steps away from ordering your book.
Key features of the App and photo book and photo ordering
- Photo book images are set out automagically in chronologically order of life events.
- In the web app, you can add photos to your photostream from your computer, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Picasa and your Skydrive.
- The iPhone and web interfaces are really easy to use and technophobe proof. I mean, ANYONE can use it.
- As you start to create a photo book, you are given the choice to add photos from friend and family member 23snaps accounts, too.
- The costs of photos and photo books are very clearly illustrated before you even think of buying them. I like that.
- The print quality is excellent.
- Both photo prints and photo books are guaranteed to put a very large small on the face of their recipient! VERY KEY FEATURE!
What do photos and photo books cost to print?
Photo prints (4 x 4 and 4 x 6) require a minimum order of 10 photos per order and prices start from £4. Postage and package are included in the price of this.
The high quality, hardcover photo book requires a minimum of 24 photos and prices start at £15.
- 50 photos in a book: From £22 (estimate includes UK shipping and taxes).
- 75 photos in a book: From £27 (estimate includes UK shipping and taxes).
Now you, my lovely and fabulous creative readers, have been given the chance to win one of these exquisite photo books by the wonderful folk over at 23snaps (thank you, 23snaps!).
Enter the competition using the same e-mail address that you use to log in to your 23snaps account. If you don't have a 23snaps account, register now, open one up, upload photos, invite friends and family and then come back and enter. Competition closes on 31 July 2013 and is open to all UK residents, so enter now my lovelies! As always, read the T&C section at the bottom of the Rafflecopter.
Happy snapping, sharing, photo book creating and photo printing!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Note: The Blogger was given the photo book free of charge to review. All views and opinions are completely honest and not bias.
ThePrizeFinder - UK Competitions